This unit promotes campus wellness through comprehensive and continuous delivery of health care services to the CGHC community. This unit provides immediate management of emergency cases and/or referral of cases to medical consultants of Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center for further work-ups. It also provides free medical and dental consultation, annual and physical examination, vaccination and starter medications for common ailments.
The Health Services Unit requires all the students to undergo yearly medical examination scheduled at the clinic. Students with specialist for further work up, management, and evaluation. Likewise, students are required to have complete Hepatitis B vaccination which may be availed at the college clinic for a discounted rate or from a personal/preferred medical practitioner. Medical certification and laboratory profile will be required to document complete Hepatitis B vaccination. Other student privileges include free medical consultation in the college clinic, accident insurance claims/benefits, twenty percent (20%), discount on Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center (CGHMC) room rates,X-ray, CBC, urinalysis and fecalysis.
Students should fill out and sign availment form for approval by authorized official at least (1) one day prior to discharge from CGHMC.
1. Perform physical examination for incoming first year and transferee students, and new employees,
2. Perform annual physical examination for old students and employees,
3. Provide medical consultation for students and employees,
4. Dispense medicines like analgesics, antihistamines, antipyretics, antacids, etc.,
5. Administer first aid for injuries and accidents,
6. Perform triage of emergency cases,
7. Assist students and employees from clinic to hospital ER (for emergency cases) while waiting for parents/relatives to arrive,
8. Follow-up results of diagnostic exams and other procedures done on the students and employees who have consulted the clinic,
9. Follow-up working diagnosis of students and employees who have consulted with their personal attending physicians until final diagnosis is reached,
10. Keep, file and update medical records of students,
11. Update the monthly clinic census, and
12. Administer vaccine to students.